FET Tag Applicator is a single shot applicator for the application of FET NLIS Sheep Tags. Inexpensive, quality and robust tagger for use with Z Tags FET sheep tags.
Key Features – FET Tag Applicator
- Use exclusively to apply Z Tags FET Tags.
- Lightweight yet durable.
- Safe and easy to use.
- The design is ergonomic therefore suits all operators.
How to Apply FET Tags
- Firstly, place the FET Tag into the Z Tags FET Tagger, position the male part of the tag in the yellow jaw of the tagger and the female part in the white jaw.
- Dip the tagger holding the ear tag into antiseptic or disinfectant solution. In order to prevent infection of the tag wound.
- Apply the FET tag through the ear at one quarter of the distance from the head. Be sure to avoid the main blood vessels and the ridges of cartilage. In young animals, remember to allow for ear growth by leaving the FET tag to stick out by one-quarter of its length from the ear.
- Make sure the male part of the tag is fitted in the back of the ear, therefore after applying the tag, the female part of the tag should be on the inside of the ear.
Click here to see the full guide.
To prevent flystrike of lambs after marking – use Vetmec Strikemaster.