Z Tags NLIS Post Breeder Tags are official traceability scheme tags for cattle. Durable and easy to apply with the No-Tear Tagger.
KEY FEATURES – Z Tags NLIS Post Breeder Tags
- Official traceability scheme tags.
- Consistent chip readability performance.
- They have a protected transponder that enhances readability.
- Flexible material on male tags limits snagging therefore aids retention.
- Get superior readability.
Great design: No need to align the top of the tag, making them easy to load into the Z2 No-Tear Tagger. Using the Z2 No Tear Tagger also limits the risk of damaging the electronic chip on application.
Breeder vs Post Breeder
NLIS Post Breeder tags (orange) are for livestock that you have purchased and are not already identified with an NLIS device.
NLIS Breeder tags (white) are for livestock you have bred and that are still on your property.
Z Tags NLIS Post Breeder Tags are NATIONAL LIVESTOCK IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM (NLIS) compliant.
Please provide your Property Identification Code (PIC) in the checkout process.
- A PIC is an 8-character code used to identify your property in the NLIS.
- You must have a PIC to move livestock on and off your property.
- Click here to learn more about the National Livestock Identification System.
- Remember if you are VICTORIAN to get your tags through Agriculture Victoria. We would love to supply you, however, your levies pay for subsidised tags!
- To obtain a PIC, contact your state/territory NLIS authority.
For further information on the tagging requirements for cattle, you can visit the MLA or Integrity Systems websites. They are both great resources for your responsibilities when it comes to traceability of livestock within Australia.